EKG Electrode Placement Instructions
- Get Prepared
Locate two packages of 3M 2660-5 Red Dot EKG Electrodes.
- Shave hair that can possibly impede electrode placement.
- Apply electrodes to chest using the color-coded diagram as reference
- Apply V1 electrode to the right of the sternum along the fourth intercostal space.
- Apply V2 electrode to left of the sternum even with V1 on the fourth intercostal space.
- Apply V3 electrode to the left side of sternum, midway between V2 and V4
- Apply V4 electrode on the left side of chest, 5th intercostal space, mid clavicular (middle of left side of the chest under the breast.
- Apply V5 electrode directly to the right of V4, anterior axillary line
- Apply V6 electrode directly at the midaxillary line at the same level of V4 and V5.
- Apply electrodes to the extremities
- Apply LA (Left Arm) and RA (Right Arm) electrodes to each wrist (superior/radial placement).
- Apply LL (Left Leg) and RL (Right Leg) electrodes to each ankle (superior/medial placement).
- Attach colored lead line to each electrode using the color-coded diagram as reference.